No Cazorla, no Giroud – Our XI for Villa vs Arsenal
Danny Welbeck will not be involved in Saturday’s match after failing to recover from a knee injury.
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Mathieu Debuchy (both hamstring) and captain Mikel Arteta (ankle) are in contention after returning to training.
- Arsenal and Aston Villa have been drawn together in the FA Cup 10 times, with Arsenal winning seven and Aston Villa three.
- This is the first time these sides have met in an FA Cup final.
- The last FA Cup meeting between these sides was in the fourth round in 2012, when Arsenal came back from two goals down to win 3-2 at the Emirates Stadium.
- Aston Villa’s last FA Cup win against Arsenal was in the fourth round in 1974, when they drew 1-1 at Highbury before winning the replay 2-0 at Villa Park.
- Aston Villa have won only one of the last nine meetings in all competitions. Their only win since May 2011 was 3-1, in the Premier League, at the Emirates Stadium in August 2013.
Preferred Line up
Sorry but it ids imperative that either Mesut Ozil or Santi Cazorla is left out or we risk playing a central midfielder uncomfortably as a right winger again.
We need to be direct against an organized Aston Villa side and reduce the ‘tippy tappy’ stuff.