Sanchez decision in next 24 hours, Arsenal star ruled out of Saturday
Arsene Wenger has admitted that there are chances of Alexis Sanchez not being handed a start in Saturday’s clash with Southampton.
The Chilean international, who has been experimented in an unfamiliar position as a centre-forward so far, scored his first goal of the 2016/17 season in the 3-1 victory over Watford two weeks ago.
However, Sanchez is now facing a battle to feature in the Gunners’ next Premier League fixture after making a late return from international duty.
The 27-year-old, who is known for enthusiastically seeking to play, is likely to declare himself fit to start against Southampton.
But Wenger insists he is not so sure about starting the former Barcelona star this weekend.
“That’s a decision [on starting Sanchez] I have to make because we play on Tuesday night [against PSG] so I will see. I have to make that decision in the next 24 hours.” he said
The Gunners manager also added the news that Aaron Ramsey, who was expected to be back from a hamstring injury by now, has not managed to recover in time to make Saturday’s clash with the Saints.
“The only one who is not ready is Aaron Ramsey. He is on the way, but not completely ready for Southampton or Tuesday.” Wenger said