25-year-old speaks on summer deal talks
Arsenal goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny has hit out at “rubbish reporting” amid speculation over his future.
The Poland international, currently on loan at Roma, was reportedly set to leave Italy this summer with the Serie A side said to be reluctant to sign him permanently, before conflicting reports later claimed the club had a change of heart.
After being dropped in late November for “technical reasons” the 25-year-old has returned to the starting lineup under Spalletti, impressing as Roma close the gap on Fiorentina and the Champions League places to just two points.
Szczesny said last year his future will be decided after Euro 2016, and the goalkeeper took to his official Facebook page on Tuesday night in an effort to end the rumours.
“Gotta love the media,” Szczesny posted. “Reporting on 3 completely different stories regarding my future in the space of 24 hours, saying there’s been a ‘change of heart’, a ‘U-turn’ and a ‘turnaround’.
“The only U-turn there’s ever been is in your rubbish reporting skills. From Rome, with love, Wojciech.”
Szczesny has made 20 league appearances as Roma’s No 1 this season, having left Arsenal on a season-long loan last summer following the arrival of Petr Cech.