Did you know this about Arsenal?
Here are some unpopular but interesting facts about Arsenal – mostly from this season.
So as a gooner, did you know…
* Thomas Vermaelen’s 8 goals this season is more than strikers Eduardo and Carlos Vela’s combined total (7).
* Sol Campbell is yet to play a premier league game at the Emirates Stadium since his second coming.
* Cesc Fabregas has now equaled the record of most league goals by an Arsenal midfielder (14) which was held by Robert Pires.
* Arsenal have now gone 30 league games without a player ever being sent off in a match. (45 straight games in the entire season)
* The Gunners have already scored more than they did last season with this year’s 71 goals exceeding last term’s total of 68.
* But their total of 33 goals conceded in the league is their worst record over the last 6 seasons.
* Cesc Fabregas’ late penalty kick goal against Sunderland recently was the first spot-kick the Spaniard took and scored during a match in his Arsenal career. (He missed his first ever non-shoot out spot-kick for Arsenal at home to Stoke earlier this season.)
* Carlos Vela has only made one premier league start in his Arsenal career and none this season. (That came in the 3-0 win at Portsmouth in May 2009 where he scored the third goal)
* Johan Djourou, Kierran Gibbs and Armand Traore are the only current outfield players in the squad (other than reserves’ youngsters) who are yet to score a goal in their Arsenal career.
* The last time free-kick specialist Robin van Persie actually scored from a free-kick was against Sunderland in October 2007. The Dutch man has hit the woodwork or gone mightily close in attempts ever since.
* Andrey Arshavin is yet to be seen playing with his shirt untucked in his Arsenal career.
* Arsene Wenger’s current contract expires after the 2010/11 season.