Injury blows again, Hoyte close to Boro
Kolo Toure and Cesc Fabregas are the latest men to join Arsenal’s gradually growing injury list. For the trip to FC Twente, the shocking group and number of absentees for the season’s start are; Abou Diaby (thigh), Philippe Senderos (hamstring) and summer signings Samir Nasri and Amaury Bischoff (knee/thigh).
That leaves the young minds of Denilson and Ramsey as the only choice of a midfield partnership. And if injuries were a partial problem to the barren last season, then it looks as though the Gunners have been welcomed with a new bout of concerns this year too.
But Arsene Wenger is thinking different. Speaking before he travels to the Netherlands with his squad, he said: “We have a big squad at home,”.
He also promised Nasri and Toure could return against West Brom. “Samir Nasri (knee/thigh) should be okay for Saturday and so should Kolo Toure.”
In other news, Justin Hoyte could be set for a move elsewhere as Middlesborough have confirmed a bid for the Arsenal right-back. Wenger revealed yesterday “there had been no offers for the player”, but with a formal approach now made for Hoyte, he cold soon be sold.
Boro scouts watched Hoyte in action as Arsenal participated in the Amsterdam Tournament over the weekend. And they have now revealed an offer for the first English man to score at the Emirates for Arsenal and are awaiting a response.
“We have submitted a bid and that’s with Arsenal. We are waiting for Arsenal to respond.We have a fantastic relationship with Arsenal. They are good people there and we would never fall out with them.” Gibson said.
“But we have given it our best offer and we hope that it happens. If it doesn’t we move on.”