By Randy Osae,,12306~3771470,00.jpgA ruthless Arsenal put three unanswered goals past Newcastle on a very pleasant day at the Emirates Stadium.

There was no need to be an Arsenal fan to admire a typical football exhibition. Van Persie’s brace and Denilson’s well taken chance ensured a massive rise into the top-half of the table for Arsenal.

Today, another set of enthusiastic Arsenal fans gathered again to watch how the Gunners would see off stains of last week’s defeat at Fulham. Emmanuel Adebayor retained his place ahead of Bendtner, Eboue was preferred to Walcott, while Kolo Toure kept Djourou on the bench.

Seconds into the game, there were appeals for penalty when Van Persie looked to have been brought down so early in the box, but the referee waved that off. A scintillating beginning saw Arsenal’s center backs attempt first. Gallas just missed out a scrap from centimeters in front of goal while Kolo Toure’s long-range shot was met by Shay Given.

It looked to be another fruitless all-Arsenal start until hardwork from Emmanuel Adebayor earned Arsenal a penalty. An attempted cross by the Togolese hit N’Zogbia’s hand. Van Persie stepped up to finish from the spot and made it look easy. A goal up, and spurred-up, Arsenal began their unstoppable attacking turns. And Van Persie’s second nearly came when his expertly curved free-kick was parried away by Given.

But just before half-time, the Dutchman made sure he wouldn’t regret that miss. A quick move on the left saw Eboue free in the box – the Ivorian stylishly handed it to Van Persie with his heel, and Arsenal’s normally injury-plagued but intelligent striker made it 2-0.

Newcastle started the second-half with a gamble and even hit the crossbar by Nicky Butt’s header. But soon after, another facile passing move by Arsenal saw Denilson score the third with the final hit. The Brazilian went up to the fans celebrating a goal that meant maximum points for the day, with the game just a minute shy of the hour mark.

Indeed, from then on, Arsenal could have possibly poured more hot water on the Magpies as notably, Samir Nasri’s free-kick was tipped over by Shay Given.

With about thirty minutes to go, Carlos Vela replaced Van Persie to make his Premier League debut while Song and Walcott were later sent on for Denilson and Eboue.

Clichy also made a try for his first ever Arsenal goal from long-range, Kolo Toure had his goal-bound header blocked by Given’s waist while Carlos Vela’s control and pace sent him close to a memorable debut goal.

The unblushing Joey Barton was brought-on in the late minutes for a few tough clashes with Arsenal’s men – especially Nasri – but the Gunners deservedly eased with their three points.

Be the first to receive breaking news about Arsenal!