It had taken some review from various prominent media sources to report, but Arsenal SPOT now fully understands Andrei Arshavin’s proposed move to Arsenal is on course but not done and dusted…yet.
Arsene Wenger has not been strictly negative with answers to questions on the Russian star and also conceded on Monday that the club would compensate with a recruit who is ineligible to play in the Champions League.
The player being cup-tied could have reduced Zenit’s £20million price-tag on Arshavin, with Arsenal already bargaining for less. But the Russian club’s general director, Maxim Mitrofanov, did reveal to Sky Sports that talks are on-going between them and the Gunners – implying that a deal will hopefully be struck very soon and perhaps the next week or two.
With Arshavin’s exit from Russia now poised, Zenit’s coach Dick Advocaat has already moved to bid the 27-year-old star farewell.
“I am aware that Arsenal are interested but I don’t know any more than that,” said Advocaat.
“I’m expecting Arshavin to leave. He’s a top player and could play for any of the top teams in England.”
“Arshavin played well for us last season but he didn’t play as well as he can. There’s still more to come from him and people will see that.”
There have been unending talks of Arshavin departing Zenit since emerging in Europe’s spotlight in the summer, but he remains on the cards of the Russian giants.
That said, January had been projected as the main deadline for any move elsewhere for Arshavin and his agent Dennis Lachter has confirmed that.
“He will definitely move in January or the player and club will lose money,” said agent Dennis Lachter.
“Zenit and Andrei understand that it is time for them to part from each other.”
Lachter though, has clarified that his client was NOT at Arsenal’s training ground during his recent visit to London.