You can put your welcome back party plans for Thierry Henry on hold for just a moment.
Contrary to rushing reports on Thursday morning that the former Arsenal striker has been offered a two-month loan deal by club, the Gunners are indeed yet to make a legitimate move to re-sign Henry.
A spokesman for the club has told Sky Sports journalist Dharmesh Sheth that as it stands, there has been no approach from Arsenal to borrow the striker from MLS side New York Red Bulls.
Even so, it is odds-on that the 34-year-old may be seen in an Arsenal shirt again after Henry’s representative confirmed that the French star “would jump on” an offer from Arsene Wenger.
Prior to Arsenal’s home match against Swansea earlier this season, Henry confirmed in an interview to ESPN that he definitely would not mind a return to his old club as any sort of employee.
Henry may get his wish in joining the Gunners again after leaving for Barcelona in 2007, but to calm down claims from tabloids that the striker had even “been handed the No. 12 shirt and would be available against Fulham on Monday”, Dharmesh Sheth has reported that Thierry is still in wait for his Arsenal return.
“In this morning’s newspapers, there has been reports that Thierry Henry has been offered a two-month loan deal, but I can tell you from what I have been told by sources that at this moment in time, there has been no offer from Arsenal to bring Thierry Henry on-loan from New York Red Bulls.” Sheth said.
“However, I have been told that if Henry was to receive that two-month loan offer, he would jump at the chance of a return to the Emirates Stadium. So I guess the ball is in Arsenal’s court. It is up to Arsene Wenger and the board”
For more of this, you can Like Red London on facebook (right side of the page) and Follow us on twitter